Catalan news agency eldebat.cat reports on the first Barcelona Human Rights Film Festival, which took place June 8 – 12, 2011. Icelandic journalists Ingi Ingason Ragnar and Kristinn Hrafnsson were awarded the International Journalism and Human Rights Award for their work on journalistic conflicts that violate human rights. Both Ragnar and Hrafnsson have collaborated with WikiLeaks. Hrafnsson, co-founder and spokesperson for WikiLeaks, presented “Collateral Murder: Hellfire”, a documentary on 2007 killings of civilians in Baghdad. Javier Couso, brother of José Couso, presented the award to Ragnar and Hrafnsson. José Couso, Spanish cameraman for Telecinco, was killed in 2003 by a U.S. tank attack on Palestine Hotel in Baghdad.
Ingi Ingason Ragnar and Kristinn Hrafnsson awarded International Journalism and Human Rights Award at Barcelona Human Rights Film Festival
- Stratfor's investigation into Ethiopian airlines flight…
- Tunisia: no longer a surveillance state?
- The population decline of Black Jews in Israel
- Stratfor: Algerian Secret Services' grip on power
- NSA: The True Power Of One Of The Worlds Largest Intell…
- Rudaw: Closure of Roj TV to be Challenged at European C…
- RT @DouglasLucas: My @whowhatwhy/#WikiLeaks on counterinsurgency & Mexican chopper incursions http://t.co/GZDCj0dlGC now on #GIFiles: https… about 3 days ago from Twitter Web Client
- A Computational Analysis of the DNSA’s Kissinger Collection Memcons and Telcons from @MickiKaufman http://t.co/OFR0qhDMuN #dataviz about 1 week ago from Twitter Web Client
- RT @wikileaks: How capital captured politics: Slavoj Žižek on the secret #TISA draft released by #WikiLeaks http://t.co/TVMGPsZm5N http://t… about 1 week ago from Twitter Web Client
- RT @MickiKaufman: Big New Graph: Rel of HAK memcon individuals (gray) to topics (purple) to docs (blue=Top Secret, yellow=Secret, etc.) htt… about 1 week ago from Twitter Web Client
- Murder, human rights abuse and kidnapping: #WikiLeaks cables reveal Prabowo’s brutal past. #Indonesia http://t.co/1tLsahoiVc about 1 week ago from Twitter Web Client
- Thanks to #WikiLeaks, public can debate alarming new trade deal http://t.co/ZPHFQnxMuS #TISA about 1 week ago from Twitter Web Client
- RT @wikileaks: Leaked trade text shows US, EU aggressively rolling back regulation | MintPress News http://t.co/lYNhruEWZM more: http://t.c… about 3 weeks ago from Twitter Web Client
- RT @wikileaks: US pressured Denmark to close Kurdish TV so Rasmussen would become NATO chief | RT http://t.co/FaRnjmEDs3 Cable: https://t.c… about 3 weeks ago from Twitter Web Client
Join our chatroom.