Catalan news agency eldebat.cat reports on the first Barcelona Human Rights Film Festival, which took place June 8 – 12, 2011. Icelandic journalists Ingi Ingason Ragnar and Kristinn Hrafnsson were awarded the International Journalism and Human Rights Award for their work on journalistic conflicts that violate human rights. Both Ragnar and Hrafnsson have collaborated with WikiLeaks. Hrafnsson, co-founder and spokesperson for WikiLeaks, presented “Collateral Murder: Hellfire”, a documentary on 2007 killings of civilians in Baghdad. Javier Couso, brother of José Couso, presented the award to Ragnar and Hrafnsson. José Couso, Spanish cameraman for Telecinco, was killed in 2003 by a U.S. tank attack on Palestine Hotel in Baghdad.
Ingi Ingason Ragnar and Kristinn Hrafnsson awarded International Journalism and Human Rights Award at Barcelona Human Rights Film Festival
- Stratfor's investigation into Ethiopian airlines flight…
- The population decline of Black Jews in Israel
- Tunisia: no longer a surveillance state?
- NSA: The True Power Of One Of The Worlds Largest Intell…
- Paraguay: Washington’s War against Growing Marxist Insu…
- Stratfor: Algerian Secret Services' grip on power
- WikiLeaks Reveals US Interference in Ecuador's Affairs http://t.co/qRVWBWVQ1r #Cablegate about 4 days ago from Twitter Web Client
- RT @NSArchive: Help support much needed #FOIA reform! Here's how: http://t.co/H5AIFhsDXP about 2 weeks ago from Twitter Web Client
- RT @wikileaks: Paper: Private Power and New Media: The Suppression of WikiLeaks and its Implications for Fundemental Rights http://t.co/iaG… about 2 weeks ago from Twitter Web Client
- Indonesian president calls on Australia to explain #WikiLeaks gag order http://t.co/uxHrueutKI about 3 weeks ago from Twitter Web Client
- RT @wikileaks: Israel helped #Hamas rival PLO WikiLeaks docs show http://t.co/2oW35bpmNP about 3 weeks ago from Twitter Web Client
- RT @wikileaks: WikiLeaks publishes 'unprecedented' secret Australian court suppression order http://t.co/wh24HTxDQj #auspol see: https://t.… about 1 month ago from Twitter Web Client
- RT @wikileaks: WikiLeaks publishes 'unprecedented' secret Australian court suppression order | The Age http://t.co/7a7CxUgO47 more: https:/… about 1 month ago from Twitter Web Client
- RT @wikileaks: "Today, there is no credible argument that internal channels offer adequate protection to whistleblowers." | Atlantic http:/… about 1 month ago from Twitter Web Client
Join our chatroom.