Catalan news agency eldebat.cat reports on the first Barcelona Human Rights Film Festival, which took place June 8 – 12, 2011. Icelandic journalists Ingi Ingason Ragnar and Kristinn Hrafnsson were awarded the International Journalism and Human Rights Award for their work on journalistic conflicts that violate human rights. Both Ragnar and Hrafnsson have collaborated with WikiLeaks. Hrafnsson, co-founder and spokesperson for WikiLeaks, presented “Collateral Murder: Hellfire”, a documentary on 2007 killings of civilians in Baghdad. Javier Couso, brother of José Couso, presented the award to Ragnar and Hrafnsson. José Couso, Spanish cameraman for Telecinco, was killed in 2003 by a U.S. tank attack on Palestine Hotel in Baghdad.
Ingi Ingason Ragnar and Kristinn Hrafnsson awarded International Journalism and Human Rights Award at Barcelona Human Rights Film Festival
- Stratfor sources reveal Egypt, Sudan contingency plans ...
- Egyptian politicians discuss Ethiopian dam sabatoge on ...
- Stratfor’s investigation into Ethiopian airlines ...
- The NSA Spying Scandal: Verizon, Prism, Cyber-attacks
- Bradley Manning legal proceedings: fact sheet
- Cables: How the U.S. State Department Promotes the Seed...
- Updates to #WikiLeaks cables used in courts series on Chagos islands and the inviolability of classified docs. http://t.co/FPOvODwEXI about 17 hours ago from web
- #WikiLeaks cables detail US views on former Trade Minister Eduardo Samán. #Venezuela #Cablegate http://t.co/ErfLkAkp2u (Spanish) about 3 days ago from web
- Canal in Nicaragua and possible effects on the San Juan Basin. #WikiLeaks #CostaRica #China #Cablegate http://t.co/G5hxrcsJbn about 3 days ago from web
- Enrichissement illicite. Les Américains accusent Amadou Ali de détournement. #Cameroon #WikiLeaks #Cablegate http://t.co/zq7cthIPRs about 3 days ago from web
- #WikiLeaks and the Law update: analysis of UK court refusal to use Chagos Island cable: http://t.co/gnOBZ1pj2C about 5 days ago from web
- Egyptian gov accidentally confirms our article on sabatoge plans for Ethiopian dam on the Nile. #Stratfor #WikiLeaks http://t.co/oCtfR14dHk about 6 days ago from web
- RT @Noel_Laforet: Wikileaks last year revealation gets more credibility as Egyptian politicians discuss sabotaging Ethiopian Dam live.http:… about 1 week ago from web
- Free software alternatives. #Prism #surveillance http://t.co/vCdqdD0Hvo about 1 week ago from web
Join our chatroom.