Catalan news agency eldebat.cat reports on the first Barcelona Human Rights Film Festival, which took place June 8 – 12, 2011. Icelandic journalists Ingi Ingason Ragnar and Kristinn Hrafnsson were awarded the International Journalism and Human Rights Award for their work on journalistic conflicts that violate human rights. Both Ragnar and Hrafnsson have collaborated with WikiLeaks. Hrafnsson, co-founder and spokesperson for WikiLeaks, presented “Collateral Murder: Hellfire”, a documentary on 2007 killings of civilians in Baghdad. Javier Couso, brother of José Couso, presented the award to Ragnar and Hrafnsson. José Couso, Spanish cameraman for Telecinco, was killed in 2003 by a U.S. tank attack on Palestine Hotel in Baghdad.
Ingi Ingason Ragnar and Kristinn Hrafnsson awarded International Journalism and Human Rights Award at Barcelona Human Rights Film Festival
- The Iraq war, the war logs, and accountability – a retr…
- The population decline of Black Jews in Israel
- Stratfor's investigation into Ethiopian airlines flight…
- Paraguay: Washington’s War against Growing Marxist Insu…
- Tunisia: no longer a surveillance state?
- Stratfor: Algerian Secret Services' grip on power
- #WikiLeaks Iraq war logs uncovered 14 additional cases where Blackwater opened fire on civilians. http://t.co/zeHhZLjqum about 3 days ago from Twitter Web Client
- Background on the 2007 Nisour Square Massacre: http://t.co/iEtfzgm616 http://t.co/JsOCrvXUtR about 3 days ago from Twitter Web Client
- In 2007, 17 killed in Nisour Square by Blackwater. Seven years later, four Blackwater guards convicted guilty. http://t.co/JCNlDcmgG4 about 3 days ago from Twitter Web Client
- WikiLeaks Reveals US Interference in Ecuador's Affairs http://t.co/qRVWBWVQ1r #Cablegate about 1 month ago from Twitter Web Client
- RT @NSArchive: Help support much needed #FOIA reform! Here's how: http://t.co/H5AIFhsDXP about 2 months ago from Twitter Web Client
- RT @wikileaks: Paper: Private Power and New Media: The Suppression of WikiLeaks and its Implications for Fundemental Rights http://t.co/iaG… about 2 months ago from Twitter Web Client
- Indonesian president calls on Australia to explain #WikiLeaks gag order http://t.co/uxHrueutKI about 2 months ago from Twitter Web Client
- RT @wikileaks: Israel helped #Hamas rival PLO WikiLeaks docs show http://t.co/2oW35bpmNP about 2 months ago from Twitter Web Client
Join our chatroom.